Your New Opportunity
The Penske Power Systems Perth branch provides service support to our installed product base across Western Australia. We are a one-stop shop for sales, service and parts for Western Star, MAN, Dennis Eagle, MTU, Detroit & Allison.
An excellent career opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse Supervisor to join our Perth Team in Hazelmere. The role of the Warehouse Supervisor will be to manage the warehouse processes, lead the receive and dispatch team and ensure a high level of stock accuracy in the warehouse.
What you will do:
- Supervision of the warehouse to ensure daily workloads are completed safely, efficiently and according to time schedules
- Ensure prompt receipt of stock orders and ensure that they are stored in the warehouse appropriately
- Receive and check off arrival inventory from overseas suppliers.
- Pick, pack and dispatch local customer orders, stock returns for dispatch to local suppliers and Emergency orders for the Penske network
- Manage the storage of parts and product and maintain system integrity of locations in the computer system.
- Ensure staff are utilising iSupply and online freight management systems to ensure freight tasks are booked correctly and POD's easily sourced
- Ensure the timely dispatch of core returns both core and warranty.
- Provide regular feedback to the Warehouse and Inventory Manager
- Guide and motivate staff to maximise their output and improve performance.
- Take a proactive approach towards all internal and external customers and clients at all times
- Maintain continuous contact with Branch and Senior staff to stay in touch with relevant activities and take appropriate action
As the successful candidate, ideally you will hold appropriate Warehousing / Logistics / Supply chain qualifications or equivalent industry experience. You will have comprehensive knowledge of warehousing, distribution and freight for both domestic and international as well as experience in using the Microsoft Office suite.
We are looking for a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and good communication skills both written and verbal. You will also have the experience and ability to lead and mentor a small team, motivating and holding them to account. Some mathematical nous is required to understand gross margin, expenses, return on sales, stock turn and other financial ratios.
A Forklift ticket is a requirement for all applicants.
Why choose Team Penske?
We are part of the Penske Group with worldwide operations, employing over 50,000 employees across a range of businesses such as; Automotive & Truck Dealerships, Motor Racing, Truck Leasing and Logistics Management.
At Penske, we know that it is our people at the heart of our success and we want to make sure you have everything you need to do a great job. That is why as well as a great work environment, we offer the following benefits:
- Accredited Training & Development Programs
- Competitive Remuneration
- Reward and Recognition Programs
- Family Friendly Benefits including Paid Parental Leave
- Access to Discounted Travel, Health Insurance & Motor Vehicle benefits
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 16 July 2019
To apply, submit your application via the APPLY NOW button.
We reserve the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible.
Agency applications will not be accepted.
Penske will require all successful candidates to undertake a criminal history check, pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol testing.