Short Term Planning Engineer
Short Term Planning Engineer
Our Tanami Operations, 540km north-west of Alice Springs, are on Aboriginal freehold land, in the NT’s remote Tanami Desert. A fully equipped 1000-bed village, 40km from the mine, offers modern leisure facilities to the workforce who FIFO direct from Perth, Darwin and Alice Springs.
Newmont Tanami Operations proudly act as the Platinum sponsor for the Women in Resources Northern Territory Awards for 2018 and have acted as the Gold Sponsor for the awards since 2015. In 2015, the Company and its employees have been rewarded the Northern Territory Diversity Champion (Mine Manager), and the Newmont Women Network Tanami (NWNT) won an award for Excellence in Diversity Programs and Performance.
We are seeking to increase the diversity within our Engineering Team to improve equal opportunity outcomes for employees, and therefore we encourage female applicants and/or people from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
Reporting to the Senior Production Engineer, the Short Term Planning Engineer will be responsible for the coordination of all department inputs to develop and maintain a short term mining schedule in line with 12 week mine production plan.
The role is based in Tanami and offers an 8/6 FIFO roster from Perth, Darwin, Brisbane & Alice Springs.
Key accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaboratively develop the weekly plan and monthly schedules, with a wide range of stakeholders, in line with the 12 week schedule and quarterly forecasts
- Collate, validate and enter daily production figures
- Facilitate daily production meeting, directing team focus toward variance and plan compliance
- Provide commentary on weekly and monthly performance
- Work closely with the Senior Production engineer to achieve business outcomes
- Bachelor degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent communicator and team player
- 12 Months Practical experience in underground metalliferous mining
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience in an underground environment
- Understanding of longhole stoping methods, including pastefill
- Computer literacy with common industry standard business software such as Microsoft products essential, mine design and scheduling software viewed favourably
- Deswik experience desirable
To be considered for these roles, you must be able to meet the site access requirements by having a current driver’s license, passing a police clearance and pre-employment
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer that operates globally to a common set of safety, environmental and community relation standards that define expected performance for our operating sites. Maintaining high standards for all of Newmont’s operations and measuring our performance against those global standards is an integral part of our current business practice and our long term goals. Newmont is a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential.
Newmont Mining encourages workplace diversity. Females and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of our commitment with the Traditional Owners we also encourage applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
Our employees enjoy a competitive salary package including free private health insurance and an annual bonus scheme. Not only will you work in a dynamic and collaborative environment but you will also benefit from the opportunities that only a global company can offer.
For a first-hand look at our site, please watch our short video:
To apply for this role click on the Apply now link or go to www.newmont.com click on Careers then select the Asia Pacific region.