FIFO; Flights and accommodation provided
Immediate start; Flexible rotation lengths
- Christmas Island location;
IHMS is currently recruiting for qualified and experienced Registered Nurses to assist us in our facility located in Christmas Island.
The position is immediately available. Flights and accommodation provided for Australian or New Zealand residents.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing high level medical healthcare services to our client. You will be providing primary healthcare services to the standards set out by IHMS policies and procedures and initial emergency response where required.
To be considered you must have the following:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as an Division 1 Nurse;
- Excellent clinical assessment skills in a primary health care environment;
- Basic Life Support obtained within the last 12 months (Advanced Life Support Certificate is a plus);
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment with patients from culturally and linguistically diverse groups;
- Previous experience with electronic medical records and use of MS Office programs.
- Experience in a corrections, detention or remote nursing setting would be desirable.
- The successful applicant will also be expected to work rostered shifts across day, evening and weekends.
IHMS is contracted to provide healthcare to people in immigration detention throughout Australia. We deliver these important and challenging services in a professional manner that is:
- Medically appropriate;
- Without any form of discrimination;
- With appropriate dignity, humanity, cultural and gender sensitivity; and
- With respect for privacy and confidentiality
IHMS welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria
*Only suitable candidates will be contacted and all suitable applicants will be subject to a mandatory criminal history check as part of the recruitment and selection process. Offers of employment will only be made upon a satisfactory and successful criminal history check.