Permanent Part Time
Wesley Mission Queensland (WMQ) is a large and dynamic organisation with more than 65 locations throughout South East Queensland supporting 100,000 Queenslanders every year. As a not-for-profit organisation with over 100 years’ experience in delivering aged care, Wesley Mission Queensland has a history steeped in hope, respect, compassion, empowerment, innovation, justice and integrity. To learn more about our organisation, please see www.wmq.org.au & .
We are seeking an experienced Registered Nurse with a deep commitment to the provision of exceptional aged care in a manner that promotes the values of the organisation and supports WMQ’s person-centred care approach. With the resident at the heart and soul of our person centred care model, the Clinical Staff will be a key members of an inter-disciplinary team providing support and empowering staff to meet the social, emotional and physical needs of our residents on a day to day basis. The Clinical Staff will also review and consider the clinical needs and assessment of our residents in the context of the seven domains of well-being.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Align personal leadership behaviour and ethical standards with Wesley Mission Queensland organisational values and Mission.
- Ensure the resident’s right to privacy, dignity and confidentiality are respected and role model ethical care that addresses the diversity of residents/clients.
- Conduct competent holistic assessment, care planning, direct nursing care and review in non complex cases using a biopsychosocial model to optimise the individual’s wellbeing or peaceful death.
- Reflect on practice and demonstrate competent decision making and problem solving
- Provide written and verbal reports on the social, physical and emotional well being of residents to CNs and collaborate with CNs to achieve quality outcomes for residents.
- Provide workplace coaching, guidance and supervision to Personnel Carers, Assistant in Nursing and Enrolled Nurses, and act as a role model for practice and professional conduct.
- Achieve outcome standards and service delivery practice in accordance with Government regulations, funding bodies and other relevant stakeholder organisations.
- Continue to develop knowledge and skills in specialty care (including but not limited to aged care, young people with significant disability, palliative care, pain, wound management, infection control).
- Participate in performance development and manage own professional development and provide evidence of this on request.
- Follow safe work practices at all times, comply with relevant standards, policies, procedures and legislation
- Contribute to continuous quality improvement processes to ensure a high standard of practice and service delivery including assisting in research into relevant clinical and non clinical matters.
- Work with CNs and Manager to investigate and process any complaints in accordance with organisation policy.
- Other duties as directed by the Director of Nursing/Facility Manager.
Applications must address the 'Qualifications, Knowledge and Requirement' for this role (contained within the attached position description) and are to be submitted online at www.wmq.org.au by 4pm of the closing date.
For more information, please contact Kim Tibbits or Jackie Haywood.
Why you want to work with Wesley Mission Queensland
Working alongside people who love what they do
Above Award pay
Access to discounted holiday units
Employee Assistance Program
Enquiries: Silvia Holl
Ph: (07) 3881 7881
Applications Close: 19/06/2019
To view the position description or submit your application please click the 'Apply Now' button below.