Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for 30 years. In 2017 - 2018 we helped over 40,128 Australians; a 17% increase from the year before.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and early learning centres designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
About the job.....
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced Psychologist to join our team in the Marden office (S.A.). This position is Permanent and is being offered as either full-time or part-time (0.6FTE minimum).
- Providing an outstanding therapeutic service to children, young people and their families in the Marden area.
- Encouraging and strengthening supportive relationships with adult caregivers.
- Enhancing therapeutic and psychosocial outcomes for children and young people impacted by trauma.
- Working with Act for Kids team members, other professionals and agencies to enhance client outcomes.
- Tertiary qualifications in psychology.
- Registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA.
- National registration as a psychologist is essential.
- Membership of the Australian Psychological Society is desirable.
- At least two years’ experience working with children, young people and their families who have been impacted by trauma or experienced abuse and neglect, or at least two years’ experience working in similar roles.
- Experience providing individual and group therapy to children, young people and their families.
- Clinical and therapeutic understanding of the impacts of trauma on child and family functioning.
- Knowledge of current trauma treatment trends and child protection legislation and policy reforms.
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay...
- Position is classified Level 6.1 - 6.3 under the SCHCADS award.
- Salary range is $82,290 - $84,836 pa (base negotiable depending on experience/skills) plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time).
- In addition, there are excellent salary packaging options offering the opportunity to significantly increase a team members take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 Award (100-499 employees)
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 Awards in categories (1) Health and Wellbeing (2) Leadership and (3) Work-Life Balance
- Strong values based organisation
- Excellent professional development options (including additional annual professional development fund opportunities)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Study Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program including Health and Well-being Portal
- Excellent flexible work environment.
For more information about the role, contact Dr Kaye Pickering on 07 5656 8620 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to see a full copy of the position description.
Closing Date: 19 July 2019