We employ approximately 160,000 people including contractors and we provide people with the opportunity to develop and grow their expertise and the confidence to grow their careers.
Permanent Position - 2:2 Roster
FIFO ex Perth to Murrin Murrin Operations, WA
Minara Resources is wholly owned by Glencore, one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies. Our Murrin Murrin Operations in Western Australia’s northern Goldfields involves the integrated mining and refining of nickel and cobalt on site.
Our process plant consists of an Ore Leach area which utilises High Pressure Acid Leaching (HPAL) technology and a Refinery. As an owner-operator, we also run our own Utilities department which incorporates a 90MW power station (including steam and gas turbines), a 4400TPD acid plant (one of the largest in the southern hemisphere), 6TPH H2S plant and a reverse osmosis water treatment plant which draws from our extensive bore fields.
As a Process Operator at Minara Resources, you will initially be assigned to the Operations Services Crew, for site familiarisation and training, which provide support services to the plant’s production effort such as materials handling of alternate plant feed stocks.
As opportunities become available in our main operating areas of Ore Leach, Refinery and Utilities you will be reassigned to one of these areas as required. This would lead to being responsible for operating a variety of fixed-plant circuits such as:
• Ore crushing, milling & screening
• High Pressure Acid Leaching (HPAL)
• Thickening and neutralisation
• Sulphide precipitation
• Sulphide leaching
• Solvent extraction
• Hydrogen reduction
• Sulphuric acid production
• Process gas production
• Power supply (gas & steam turbines)
• Water treatment (reverse osmosis plant)
• Tailings dam management
In addition to offering exceptional work variety, at Minara we provide all our process operators with opportunities for training and career development through our formal training matrix system. We offer real opportunities to advance your career both within our Production Department and throughout the company as a whole.
We are currently seeking applications from motivated operators who have prior experience working within the chemical, minerals processing or related industries on a continuous shift roster including night shifts.
The essential requirements for this position include:
• Minimum of 5 years’ previous operating experience in a continuous operating metallurgical plant with the ability to understand mechanical and chemical processes and chemical reagent hazards;
• Demonstrated familiarity with individual and team based risk assessment tools and workplace health, safety and environment procedures;
• Exposure to Yokogawa DCS systems or similar;
• Experience with systems and procedures used within a similar process industry;
• Experience in working with permit to work procedures;
Other desirable requirements are as follows:
• High Risk Work Licences (LF, WP)
• WA 'C' Class Driver's Licence
• PMA40116 - Certificate IV in Process Plant Technology
• An awareness of ISO 9001 requirements
Murrin Murrin Lifestyle and Benefits
Process Operators at Murrin Murrin work 12 hour days either day or night shift on a lifestyle-friendly 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off (2/2) roster. We fly to and from site on chartered jets from Perth, resulting in a comfortable and short journey. Drive In – Drive Out is also available for locally-based Goldfields residents.
All our rooms have en-suite facilities and we promote a healthy lifestyle on site with a fully equipped gym, tennis and basketball courts, cricket nets, swimming pool and fitness classes.
We offer a competitive salary package which includes 12.5% superannuation, medical allowance, site allowance and eligibility for quarterly production bonuses.
Make Your Move
If what you’ve read so far has sparked your interest in working for Minara Resources, please follow the prompts and APPLY NOW!
We look forward to hearing from you.