TADWA is a passionate and innovative not for profit organisation based in Bassendean, with a satellite office in Bunbury. Our organisation provides home modification, equipment prescription and equipment customisation services to help older people and people with disabilities to do what is important to them. We are committed to delivering exceptional customer service across a diverse portfolio of domestic trades, technology, recreation and mechatronics projects.
We are currently inviting applications from passionate and knowledgeable Occupational Therapists to work within our close knit Therapy Services team in a parental leave cover position (to February 2020, with a possibility of extension). Providing in-home assessments, Occupational Therapists (South West) prescribe and recommend Assistive Technologies and Home Modifications for our customers on an ‘as needs’ basis.
To be successful in this position you must have excellent communication and time management skills as well as the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy;
- Strong clinical reasoning skills;
- Ability to liaise closely with a large number of internal and external stakeholders;
- Knowledge of and a commitment to the principles of Equal Opportunity Disability Services, Occupational Safety and Health, and their application to service delivery.
- Occupational Therapy skills, knowledge and experience in Home modifications and Assistive Technology;
- Exposure to the NDIS and Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) models.
All TADWA Occupational Therapists are required to hold registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA) as a practicing Occupational Therapist. In addition, the successful candidate will hold a current WA Driver’s Licence, a current Working With Children Check and a current National Police Clearance.
TADWA provides access to a generous salary-packaging program, and the use of a company vehicle for onsite visits. The organisation offers excellent working conditions and is an equal opportunity employer. We also offer strong team support, training and development opportunities.
To be considered for this position; please forward your cover letter and resume by clicking on the 'Apply Now' icon below.
Visit us: www.tadwa.org.au