Transmin is currently expanding and requires the expertise of a Mechanical Engineer to join the existing team at our Malaga head office.
Transmin is a world-class provider of innovative engineered equipment, and aftermarket parts and services to the mining resources and bulk material handling industries throughout Australia and internationally.
About the Role
- Integrate and communicate with a range of internal departments - Engineering, Estimating, Drafting, Works, Aftermarket, Project Management etc;
- Carry out formal, detailed design of equipment, including performing calculations and preparing design briefs to comply with relevant standards and specifications;
- Deliver competitive and innovative customer focused engineering solutions;
- Bid/proposal engineering
- Project engineering;
- Management of technical risk;
- Provide technical engineering advice and support to internal and external stakeholders as and when required;
- Preparation of technical documents as required;
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as and when required.
- 3 - 5 years post graduate design experience with bulk materials handling equipment for the mining and/or process industries is preferred;
- Possess excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Knowledge and fundamental understanding of mine site processes;
- Intuitive and adaptable to a broad mechanical equipment product range;
- Previous experience with the use of specialist design and drafting software including Mathcad, AutoCad and Solid Edge;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Project.
- WA owned and operated OEM celebrating over 30 years of success;
- A professional, informal and flexible working environment, allowing for a good work-life balance;
- Social and family inclusive workplace including an active social club.
Applicants must possess the current unrestricted ability to work in Australia.