LEARNING SUPPORT TEACHER
LEARNING SUPPORT TEACHER
Kincoppal – Rose Bay, School of the Sacred Heart, is a leading Independent Catholic day and boarding school founded in 1882.
At present, we are inviting applications for a permanent full time Learning Support Teacher to join the dynamic learning community based at our iconic campus with stunning views over Sydney Harbour.
Commencement date for this position is negotiable (role is available immediately). Candidates wishing to commence in T4 or T1 2020 are welcome to apply.
As a key member of the Student Learning Services faculty, this role provides direct and timely specialist assistance to students in regular classes from ELC-12 who have additional learning and support needs, thereby promoting a culture of inclusivity where everyone has the opportunity to achieve their potential. In addition, alongside other responsibilities, the Learning Support Teacher:
- offers advice, support and mentoring to classroom teachers in relation to how to best cater for diverse learning needs,
- actively initiates and develops appropriate adjustments for specific students,
- actively initiates and develops personalised learning plans,
- independently prepares exam schedules and provides examination supervision where required,
- provides in-class support, as well as individual and small-group instruction,
- works with the broader team to implement literacy and numeracy programs within the School, and
- maintains relevant student documentation.
The ideal candidate:
- Prepared to commit to the goals of a Sacred Heart education and be an active and visible participant in the dynamic life of our school.
- A contemporary and forward-thinking educator who simultaneously promotes the tradition-based aspects of our community.
- Tertiary qualified and accredited to teach in NSW, with specific qualifications in Learning Support.
- In possession of a valid Working with Children (WWC) number.
- Able to integrate ICT into teaching and learning
- A team player with strong organisation skills
- Personable and dynamic with a flair for effective communication at all levels
- Most importantly: a passionate and experienced advocate for students with diverse needs.
Note: This role initially has a Senior School focus, so only candidates with relevant Senior experience should apply. However, successful appointees will be expected to develop and in time execute their skills across ELC-12.
If you are a highly capable and motivated teacher within this specialist field, we look forward to receiving your application. To apply for this opportunity, please use the link provided on the Seek website.
Amongst other employee benefits, Kincoppal – Rose Bay School offers a free staff shuttle service from and to Edgecliff station before and after each school day.
To learn more about the employee experience at KRB, visit our page on LinkedIn and our website
Applications close Monday 12 August, and should include:
- An updated CV
- A cover letter detailing:
- The reasons for your application
- A summary of your relevant experience
- Your experience in co-curricular activities
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Previous applicants need not apply.
In accordance with Child Protection legislation all people seeking child-related employment are required to complete a 'Working with Children' Check clearance prior to employment. Please seewww.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au for further information