About the business and the role
Located at The Marina, Mindarie, just 30km north of Perth, on the coast overlooking the Marina and beautiful Indian Ocean.
The Boat is a well-established busy venue that is a local favourite for fresh seafood and pub style meals. With extensive outdoor alfresco space, this busy venue can cater for upwards of 400 covers at a service period.
The Pavilion function and event centre opened just over three years ago and caters up to 250 people for wedding events and conferencing. It sits above the Boat overlooking the Marina and surrounds and is also home to the Cabana Pool Bar and BBQ; also newly renovated, this space operates during the summer season.
This diverse range of venues is managed under the Head Chef with an experienced kitchen brigade that are flexible and work in the multiple venues depending on demands.
Job tasks and responsibilities
We are seeking a driven professional that is enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated.
The Head Chef, is responsible to ensure that food leaving the kitchens are of high and consistent standard. Staff productivity is maximized and gives clear direction to the rest of the kitchen team to encourage an innovative and enthusiastic working culture.
You will have a combination of skills that encompass attention to detail as well as a creative mind to assist with menu development and implementation.
An experienced individual who will ensure quality whist maintaining costs in line with budget expectations.
Ensuring that the kitchen and equipment is well maintained and cleaned and the kitchen team are well managed to ensure they deliver consistent quality food 7 days a week.
Skills and experience
- You are reliable and flexible with strong leadership, management and organisation skills.
- You have experience in both functions and a la carte.
- At least 4 years' experience in a similar senior kitchen role.
- Ability to work under pressure and unsupervised.
- This is a 'hand's on' role with leadership from the front with the team.
- Inter-personal skills is very important attribute in developing a strong team as well as communications with other managers and front of house personnel
- You acknowledge that your work is a key part of the food and beverage team that delivers memorable food and beverage experiences across the restaurant, functions, bar and events.
Job benefits and perks
Th Marina Mindarie is a busy and vibrant oasis with multiple venues and offerings for locals and tourists. Home to over 250 boat pens and a spectacular view over out to the Indian Ocean. Working with an experienced and energetic team of individuals who thrive on its popularity and award winning status in the industry.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with the position; this is a senior role with significant responsibility for the success of the venues the role is responsible for.
You will hold applicable culinary qualifications to facilitate this position and have been n a Head Chef position of a similar size operation.