Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer
We touch your lives everyday… think about the food you love, your favourite themepark rides and your smartphones. We made these possible by combining the imaginations of people with the potential of machines.
We build the Connected Enterprise by linking people, machines and data across an entire business, making them more effective at what they do. From improving the production of medicines that boost human health to reducing waste in automotive production, the work we do changes how we live. We help the world work better and people work smarter. And we’re looking for bright minds to make that happen — the makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers.
A career at Rockwell will help you expand what’s possible for the world — and for yourself. Being part of a global organisation with more than 20,000 people worldwide, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with smart people and gain expertise from around the world to broaden your experiences inside and outside of work. We encourage each member of our team to chart a path based on interests they want to pursue and skills they want to build. The possibilities are in your hands!
We are currently seeking an experienced Field Service Engineer to join our team in Melbourne. The Field Service Engineer will be the subject matter expert in drives, hardware, advanced software and networks, and provide quality customer service to our clients.
The key responsibilities of the position are:
- To support the Rockwell Automation customers during the complete life cycle of their control systems
- Identification and troubleshooting of software or hardware issues for customers
- On-site analysis and specification assistance
- Software installation, application, maintenance, start-up, training and diagnostics management
- Testing, commissioning and acceptance testing activities
- Training of Rockwell automation customers in the operation, programming, installation and maintenance of software and hardware products
- Continued knowledge maintenance, classroom presentation skills development as well as continued development of technical and products skills
- Make recommendations for product improvements, especially for the operation and reliability of Rockwell Automation products
- Engineering Degree qualifications or equivalent experience, in the IT / Electrical / Control Systems field or related Industrial Automation Industry.
- Technical skills in three or more of the following areas:
- PLC Control Systems (Allen Bradley/Rockwell/others).
- Variable Speed Drives (VSD) /Drives Integration.
- HMI/SCADA(FactoryTalk View/RSView32/other)
- Advanced FactoryTalk Software Products (AssetCenter, Historian, VantagePoint)
- Networks and Security (Ethernet/IP, Cisco Technologies, CIP).
- IT/Broad Windows Operating System knowledge/MS Office Suite / VMWare / V Sphere.
- Basic project management skills.
- Process Control Design Capability, System Integration Design, Work/Project Estimating, Implementation Supervision and Commissioning.
- This role will require travel to customer sites.
Why Rockwell Automation
- 100 years’ old global leading brand
- Competitive salary with 14% superannuation
- Company which embraces diversity and inclusion
- Global career opportunities
- 8 offices across Australia and New Zealand
- Onsite Parking
Are you ready to join us to make the world work better? We look forward to receiving your application!
* Applicants must have work rights for Australia. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.