Disability Support Worker
Disability Support Worker
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity for you to make a positive change in the lives of People with Disability. Our core business in Mackay is supporting clients who have complex behaviours to live as independently as possible with others or on their own in a proactive environment.
We provide 24/7 support to our clients and therefore the roster for this permanent part time position may include sleepover shifts, weekends, and public holidays.
Due to growth in our business, we currently have multiple positions available on a Permanent Part Time and Casual basis.
- Assistance with daily living (including personal care)
- Community access and transport
- Maintain and monitor person-centred plans
- Documenting and progress note keeping
Skills & Experience
- Unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence and reliable vehicle (essential)
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain prior to commencement (essential)
- Cert III Individual Support or similar (desirable)
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Passionate about delivering Person-Centred care
Experience in a similar role would be beneficial but is not essential. Critically, your attitude and passion for providing Active Support will drive you to make a real difference to the lives of those we support.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working With Children's Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Permanent ongoing positions available
- Flexible roster arrangements
- Competitive hourly rate and salary packaging options
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Disability Support Worker - Mackay”.
Applications close at midnight on 21 July 2019.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here ()