Full time, fixed term position
St Michael’s Grammar School is one of the leading co-educational, independent schools in Australia, providing exceptional learning opportunities to students from Kindergarten to Year 12. St Michael’s Grammar School was established by the Anglican Community of the Sisters of the Church on its current site in 1895.
Educational excellence matters at St Michael’s Grammar School. We prepare young people to flourish in the contemporary context, and enable them to build the skills and develop the personal qualities that will serve them throughout their lives.
Due to the incumbent commencing long service leave, we are looking for an experienced Classroom Teacher to deliver effective teaching, learning and caring programs in Year 5. You must be aligned with the School’s ethos, vision and values. You are curious, excited and invigorated by learning and are a continuous, autonomous learner who makes visible their own learning. You will possess a positive outlook, exceptional interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence with demonstrated ability to build authentic, collaborative relationships.
The successful applicant will:
- be a qualified Primary Teacher
- hold current registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT)
- be willing to be involved in all aspects of the School’s program
- have experience in the Reggio Emilia Educational Project, this would be an advantage
- have experience with the Write to Read program would be an advantage
- have experience working with students with complex additional learning needs
- possess strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and interact with both adults and students
- have high level communication skills
- be able to work independently but also as part of a dynamic, creative and collaborative team
- possess skills in modifying curriculum to meet individual needs of students
- hold an Anaphylaxis Certificate, or be willing to obtain this prior to commencement
- have a current National Police Check or be willing to obtain one prior to commencement
This is a full time, fixed term position commencing in October 2019 until December 2019.
Key benefits of working at St Michael’s Grammar School include:
- Competitive salaries including Teacher salary packages commencing at $92,683
- 10% superannuation
- Range of salary packaging options
- Flexible work opportunities
- On-site café
- Professional and Career development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program available to staff
- Active staff association
- Stimulating work & learning environment
- Culture of celebrating success
St Michael’s Grammar School is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct. These documents may be downloaded from the School’s website.
Closing date for applications is 10am on Monday, 8 July 2019.
For more information, please see the position description below.
If this sounds like the role you’ve been waiting for, 'APPLY NOW'.
Please submit your details, resume and cover letter outlining in detail your experience and ability to meet the requirements of this role. Please note that applications without cover letters will not be considered.
If you would like to discuss this role, please contact Miss Anna Borovska, People and Strategy Officer, on 03 8530 3341.