Charge Up Operator
Charge Up Operator
Gold Fields Australia is currently seeking an Operator: Charge Up to join the Granny Smith Mining team.
Reporting to the Supervisor: Underground Production, the successful incumbent of this role will be responsible for charging both development and production blasts, transport and handling of explosives, maintaining underground firing lines and carrying out shot firing duties
This role is offered on an 8 days on and 6 days off, 7 nights on and 7 nights off roster and is FIFO from Perth
Key responsibilities will include:
- Always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of GFA and ensures that the Vital Behaviours are adhered to at all times
- Maintain a working knowledge of and commitment to all relevant task instructions and procedures, ensure that these are consistently adhered when carrying out operational tasks, assisting colleagues to do the same and seeking the advice & support of the Mining Shift Supervisor as required;
- Achieve production targets through the diligent application of explosive blasting services that will provide targeted ore in the desired form for bogging with safety and efficiency as priorities;
- Support the efficient operation of the underground mining systems and processes by providing reliable and accurate operational knowledge in order to minimise down time;
- Working in a safe manner in order to achieve the production goals of the mine;
- Assist in the provision of preventative maintenance through scheduled inspections, servicing, adjustments, troubleshooting and organising the timely repair of operating equipment; and,
- Action all allocated tasks in accordance with current site environmental policies including the requirements to control, contain, clean-up and communicate all environmental spills with particular attention to oil and hydraulic leaks.
- Undertake audits and ensure compliance with the sites explosive management plan and external statutory requirements relating to explosives management and use.
- Completion of IKON logging and other shot firing responsibilities as required.
Key factors to your success include;
- 5 years’ experience in underground operations;
- Experience with the use of emulsion in blasting is preferred
- Extensive record of safe underground mining practices;
- Dangerous Goods and Working at Heights Ticket is required;
- Valid “C” WA drivers licence and Shot firer’s licence are essential;
- Apply First Aid ticket is desirable
Interested parties should submit detailed curriculum vitae to:
Gold Fields Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from Female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates