Manager - Child Safety & Compliance - Barnardos Australia content expired - 2018-04-07
Job posted on: 06 April, 2018.
Applications close: 16 April, 2018.
- Work for one of Australia's leading child protection charities
- Excellent staff benefits and salary packaging available
- Work 10 minutes from Sydney CBD
An exciting opportunity has become available to work for Barnardos, one of Australia’s leading children’s charities. Barnardos Australia builds relationships between children, young people, their families and the community. They advocate for children and young people and contribute to community knowledge about their issue.
Barnardos are looking for an experienced Manager, Child Safety & Compliance to play a pivotal role in Barnardos continued commitment to being a child safe organisation. The position is part of a new team that delivers services to support Barnardos Australia’s strategic intent to improve their child safe systems across the organisation and meet licensing, accreditation and regulatory requirements.
This will be a 4-5 month fixed term contract covering parental leave and is based at Head Office in Ultimo, Sydney.
The successful Manager, Child Safety & Compliance will ideally have:
- A tertiary qualification in social work, law or in a related discipline or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the NSW and ACT legal and compliance requirements in reporting to relevant bodies
- Demonstrated knowledge of current practices in child protection in NSW and the ACT
- Sophisticated understanding of child safety issues in organisations
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and reviewing child safety management systems and safety audits across multiple sites
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering staff training programs
Barnardos works closely with Aboriginal Partnership Agencies in the community, and would welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
To be considered for roles with Barnardos you will need to have (or be willing to have conducted) a National Police Clearance, current Working with Children check Clearance (or APP number) and for the ACT a Drivers History Check, Working with Vulnerable People Card and CYPS Check.
$109, 517 - $126, 600 (including FBT packaging) + benefits + Super