Community Service Order Supervisor (356604) gov.au- 4 weeks ago
Period of Appointment
Fixed term casual for 3 years
Hours per fortnight
Casual hours as required
- Provide clear practical demonstrations in the type of work required for an offender to complete the requirements of their orders.
- Initiate, liaise and maintain contact with stakeholders including pensioners, community groups, organisations and government agencies such as Councils receiving assistance from the Community Service Order Scheme, advise the appropriate Probation Officer of any change in their circumstances or needs and where appropriate conduct re-assessments of stakeholder project sites.
- Transport people undertaking Community Service Orders and equipment to work sites as required and to ensure that equipment supplied is used safely, in accordance with Workplace Health and Safety Standards.
- Complete, in a timely and efficient manner, all reports and documents in relation to management of people undertaking Community Service Orders and the fulfilment of their orders.
Monitor the Workplace Health and Safety of people undertaking Community Service Orders including:
- Ensure the offenders are complying with Personal Protective Equipment requirements in accordance with Workplace Health and Safety standards;
- Demonstrate the safe use of equipment such as lawn mowers, line trimmers and other general gardening equipment;
- Apply basic first aid in emergency situations as appropriate and maintain the required First Aid qualification;
- Monitor the work performance of offenders on project sites, respond to problematic behaviour if required and report any issues regarding near miss incidents or accidents.
- Regularly inspect equipment used and report any required maintenance to the appropriate Probation Officer and identify and obtain parts and resources, perform basic maintenance on the equipment and ensure it is in safe and reliable working order.
- Work autonomously with a diverse range of offenders, monitor attendance and demonstrate pro-social attitudes and behaviours.
- Current Drivers Licence
The Head of State Service has determined that the person nominated for this vacancy is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
- Pre-employment checks
- Arson and fire setting
- Violent crimes and crimes against the person
- Sex-related offences
- Drug and alcohol related offences
- Crimes involving dishonesty
- Crimes involving deception
- Making false declarations
- Malicious damage and destruction to property
- Serious traffic offences
- Crimes against public order or relating to the Administration of Law and Justice
- Crimes against Executive or the Legislative Power
- Crimes involving Conspiracy
2. Disciplinary action in previous employment.
3. Identification check.
Applicants are required to undergo psychological and aptitude testing as part of the selection process.
- Current First Aid Certificate
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (Generic - casual) Community Service Order Supervisor.docx
Statement of Duties (Generic - casual) Community Service Order Supervisor.pdf
Information for Applicants (Community Corrections).doc
Information for Applicants (Community Corrections).pdf
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Post your application with the following application form to:
Department of Justice
GPO Box 825
HOBART TAS 7001
Application for Employment (Form 201).DOCX
Application for Employment (Form 201).pdf
For more information
Team Leader Community Service Order Scheme
(03) 6165 6686