Fitter (34209446) - Reed.co.uk co.uk- 1 week ago
This position requires an in-depth knowledge of the Surface products associated with the Surface Oil & Gas Industry, from New Manufacture, Rental & Aftermarket Refurbishment of Products. This position will require a detailed knowledge and experience of Engineering practices, both interpreting engineering drawings and test documents, as well as following the Quality Management System practices and abiding by Manufacturing techniques and procedures.
It is a permanent full time workshop based role, offering standard 38-40 hours per week with an opportunity to work offshore on adhoc basis as required.
Key role and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
* Conduct all assembly and test operations in line with the companies HSE policies, whilst documenting best practice in the form of Risk Assessments and Job Hazard Analysis's (JHA's).
* Conduct Flushing, Pressure testing, FAT & SIT's up to 20kpsi of the Company's products in accordance with documented procedures, ISO & API Standards and safety practices
* Complete Manufacturing Documentation in line with company practices, ensuring product quality, traceability and functionality are in line with specified technical requirements
* Perform warehouse/store-person duties as and when required.
* Operate the forklift in a safe and company policy compliant manner to unload/load trucks, access pallets and bins in racks
Our client is a global leader in engineering, design and manufacturing of pressure control and flow technologies for the oil and gas industry. Our client works on both onshore, offshore and subsea projects in some of the most remote locations in the world. Their interests in Australia are with offshore, onshore and subsea aspects on mega-LNG and oil projects.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Trade qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
5+ years' experience in assembling and testing of oil field equipment; hydraulics and high pressure testing equipment.
Wellhead or offshore platform work experience.
Licences/ tickets: Forklift, DG / RB - rigging (Must)
Knowledge of API standards (American Petroleum Institute).
Conversant with occupational health and safety regulations applicable to workshops
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities to include, collection, organization, analyzing and presenting data.
Ability to multi-task and to work with minimal supervision
Demonstrates above average analytical and problem solving skills.
Results orientated. Must be self-starter and completes assigned task on time.
Good interpersonal skills with ability to interface with various departments.
Basic computer skills.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.