Senior Data Engineer content expired virginaustralia.com- 3 months ago
Velocity Frequent Flyer is the award - winning loyalty program of Virgin Australia, providing members with many easy ways to earn Velocity Points both at home and around the world to enjoy fantastic rewards sooner! Our people make it happen here at Velocity, and it is all about your engagement ability, technical expertise, ideas, and willingness to bring a fresh perspective to the way we do things.
What are we doing?
Key to our success is the way we build and manage processes and infrastructure to create a single clean data repository from multiple and varied source systems across our business and our partners, to power cutting-edge insights and product development.
About the role
We now have the rare opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Sydney team! You will support the leader of Data Engineering in planning, designing, building and managing scalable processes and infrastructure to support the Data Science team.
No two days are the same at Velocity. You will be challenged, be part of a great team and have a lot of fun along the way through:
- Reviewing current SAS based data and analytical processes (e.g. datamart builds, dashboarding, reporting, predictive modelling etc).
- Identification of opportunities to simplify, improve, automate and scale-up.
- Contribution to migration of key processes to AWS.
- Building new engineering capabilities related to building Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence based data solutions.
What you’ll need
The ideal candidate will have:
- A solid education in highly technical areas (STEM)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of interest in technology
- Strong data development (ETL processes) background
- Previous experience in SAS and SQL programming, and technical documentation
- A good understanding of analytics
- Experience in building python-based analytical processes on Hadoop/Spark ecosystem in AWS
The successful candidate will have an agile and collaborative approach to problem solving including requirements understanding and agreement; solution planning and designing; solution development, testing and delivery, and finally solution agreement. This role will play a key role in the growing Data Engineering team, in making the Velocity Loyalty Program truly data driven.
This opportunity won’t be around for long. Don’t delay and miss your chance to be part of our journey as we achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s Most Loved Loyalty Program.