Jobs - Job Details - Procurement Specialist com.au- 1 week ago
Do you want to work for a Leading ASX Company with Global Operations?
At Boral we are embarking on transforming into a global building and construction materials company that is known for its world-leading safety performance, innovative product platform and superior returns on shareholders’ funds.
We have operations across the globe with three strong divisions well positioned for growth and improved performance; Boral Australia, USG Boral and Boral North America. Our pillars for success to being an undisputed industry leader requires strong leadership, high levels of people engagement and cultural alignment, a culture that fosters people working together – we are transforming our business through our people.
Our North Ryde office is seeking a skilled and experienced Procurement Specialist who will work with our internal business stakeholders and vendors to contribute to delivering sustainable competitive advantage for Boral.
To be successful in this role, you will be an accomplished procurement professional adept at collaborating with planning and maintenance teams to deliver savings by influencing specifications and possess experience in a site or operationally based purchasing role. Experience at an RFQ (formal) or low tier RFP level will be highly regarded as will exposure to sourcing for the Construction Materials industry or related field.
You will have an integral part within Boral Procurement to support our vision to transform into an industry leading global procurement organisation through our strategic priorities:
Zero Harm Ensuring the safety of our people, assets and environment (includes employees, suppliers, contractors and the public).
Value Creating & capturing customer value in our supply chain (includes internal/external customers, partners and other stakeholders).
Innovation Generating revenue & improvement through new products, services & processes.
People Building & supporting a diverse and high performing team.
What you will do
- Contribute to the regional savings budget
- Reach or exceed savings budget aligned with the role
- Deliver on value budget
- Develop panels and other sub category structures to support the purchasing team to achieve customer service outcomes
- Assist the business in sourcing vendors
- Assist the business to reduce risk by facilitating agreements where appropriate
- Partner with the business to source suppliers or quotes as determined by the procurement category strategy and provide support and training to site staff on purchasing practices
- Partner with the business to ensure best purchasing channel and process application
- Ensure appropriate consideration is given to safety when suppliers are engaged to provide goods or services
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
What you will need/have
- Current experience in a purchasing/procurement role with a customer centric approach to procurement processes
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with ability to influence stakeholders – especially in defining requirements and specifications
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and strong negotiation skills
- A trade, diploma or degree level qualification preferable in (trade, purchasing, business, procurement, engineering or similar)
- Demonstrated ability to administer, collect information and compare commercial ratios and other forms of data (using Microsoft suite of software or similar)
- Data entry experience in an ERP environment – Oracle or similar
- Exposure to Mechanical, Electrical and Engineering Services, especially Repairs and Maintenance and related services experience
- Demonstrated experience working with the business to resolve any supplier performance issues and compliance and transition to preferred suppliers
This position offers a challenging and exciting career with a construction industry leader and provides genuine career growth opportunities. A competitive remuneration package is being offered. This is an opportunity to work in a team environment within an organisation dedicated to the safety of our employees.
Come join us on our transformation journey
If you want to join us in our journey to transform, innovate and deliver sustainable value submit an application by clicking “Apply” or go to:
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.