Jobs com.au- 1 week ago
MKT. COMMUNICATIONS IS SEEKING A...PR Account Manager It’s more commonly called PR, but we like to call it commercial storytelling. Mkt. Communications are on the hunt for a storyteller at Account Manager/Senior Account Manager level to join our talented team working across food/lifestyle, skincare, business, tech, QSR and more!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Mkt. is seeking a highly motivated and experienced AM/SAM to join the talented and creatively driven Mkt. team. Based in St Kilda and reporting to the Mkt. Directors, this role will be responsible for leading a highly-engaged team across your portfolio of clients in the food/ lifestyle, skincare, QSR and corporate/business industries.
Day to day activities will include management of key accounts including client liaison, media relations and the strategic direction, growth and profitability for your clients and much more….
Working with our growing team, our perfect person is a forward-thinking team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who understands how stories are brought to life and enhanced through traditional and non-traditional media channels. The role will also include a new business component –leading the team on the development of proposals for leads bought in by Mkt. Directors.
The Mkt. team enjoys a unique working environment. We do not pay lip service to corporate culture and have developed an engaging and truly different approach to the work-life equation. Driven by our Directors’ passion for nurturing people, Mkt. is not your everyday workplace.
We reward our team in a multitude of ways including one personal day each quarter, birthday leave day, meditation and weekly fitness session (team’s choice), Mindful Monday, Wellness Wednesday (lunches delivered), Freedom Fridays (reduced working hours) as well as team building days, education and training, industry events and performance-based bonuses (including our popular Upgraded Life Wellness Program #mktupgradedlife).
Intrinsically passionate about sustainability, we’ve sought out like-minded clients and found them. Like attracts like, and we now represent a number of engaging brands with social missions. Mkt. is a certified B Corp (bcorporation.com.au) and we’re committed to a world where profit does not have to compromise people or the planet.
- Extensive PR experience as an Account Manager (minimum of 3 – 5 years) working directly with clients in the food/lifestyle, consumer or business sectors (agency experience essential)
- Strong relationships with trade, local and national press across all mediums
- Outstanding writing skills – you enjoy writing and developing story ideas
- Experience drafting press releases, writing media pitching to all levels of media and preparing client proposals
- Creative, strategic thinkers with an eye for brand partnerships (incl. influencer) opportunities
- Lead, develop and mentor the team to achieve key Mkt. milestones as well as inspiring and increasing individual’s capabilities
- You’re a pitcher: whether it’s a story to media, idea to a current or perspective client, you relish in conveying your creativity and smarts on the phone or in person
- Keen grasp of how to use social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat) as a tool to create brand stories with influencers and press
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit – be passionate about our clients and their business, keeping up-t0-date on trends in their market
- Experience in business development and pitching for new business (All new business wins are rewarded)