Inbound Planner content expired com.au- 2 weeks ago
To achieve world-class solutions, we need processes that first pave the way. In this role you will manage, plan and execute the movement of high value, high importance products delivered by both vendors and internal manufacturing into the Australia Post network using more advanced and potentially bespoke supply chain solutions. You will define and develop tightly integrated planning and collaborative working relationships with key vendors whilst delivering improved working capital and service outcomes across a portfolio of business critical products.
About the team
Reporting to the Inventory Planning Manager, you’ll play a key role in improving our end to end inventory management systems and procedures, whilst also delivering day to day inventory management disciplines – all while providing essential products and services to our customers.
About the role
In this position, you’ll:
- Process purchase orders and warehouse transfer orders on behalf of an array of product groups
- Warehouse planned and actual inventory on hand
- Ensure vendor compliance in the efficient delivery and presentation of the product into out warehouse
- Provide the lead on new product implementations, managing stakeholder expectations and following through on deliverables
- Develop and enhance tools and techniques, leading to the automation of manual processes into complete end to end SAP planning process
- Look for ways to improve service and reduce costs, as well as our carbon footprint
- Influence stakeholders to help drive outcomes that best support the business as a whole
What are we looking for?
- Excellent planning and problem-solving skills, with an ability to achieve day-to-day deliverables while identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement
- A self-motivator who brings out the best in themselves and those around them
- Someone who knows SAP inside out, including MRP and forecasting, plus general supply planning functions
- Strong knowledge of typical supply chain processes, ideally within retail
- Demonstrated expertise in inventory forecasting and replenishment
- Tertiary qualifications in logistics or supply chain management is a bonus
- Great people skills and the ability to form strong working relationships with people at every level
- Someone who understands, promotes and reflects the Australia Post Shared Values and Brand Beliefs.
What’s it like to work here?
As part of our Channel Inventory Management team, you’ll work with your colleagues to unpick complex problems, using your sharp analytical skills and creative smarts to think up new and improved solutions.
The Australia Post philosophy
For us, a diverse, inclusive and enjoyable culture is the foundation for great work. It’s why we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities and cultures, and promote a flexible way of working that enables a genuine work-life balance.
Plus, our unique scale and scope means there are outstanding opportunities for career growth and personal development, whatever your ambitions.
Ready to take the next step in your career?
Get started by registering your interest.