Senior Writer & Resource Development Team Leader content expired com.au- 3 months ago
Job posted on: 12 January, 2018.
Applications close: 31 January, 2018.
- Full time (38 hours per week), 6 month contract
- Location: Redfern
- Work within a friendly team that supports the frontline mission
The organisation & team
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement dedicated to sharing the love of Jesus by caring for people, creating faith pathways, building healthy communities and working for justice. The holistic mission integrates the spiritual and practical, encompassing the proclamation of Jesus Christ and the alleviation of human suffering and distress without discrimination.
The Mission Support Team exists to service The Salvation Army for their missional needs through events, training, research and resources.
The Senior Writer & Resource Development Team Leader will have the responsibility of managing the Resource Development Team and coordinate the Mission Support Team’s production of written materials including writing and editing mission resources.
- A commitment to the Christian faith and mission of The Salvation Army
- Appropriate Christian theological and biblical knowledge
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Experience writing, editing and proofreading a broad range of written materials to a professional standard
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to reflect an understanding of the particular style appropriate to each target group
- Willingness to work as a proactive team member and autonomously as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel) and the use of the internet.
- An ability to liaise and work with a wide range of support personnel
- High attention to detail, and organisational ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Demonstrated creativity, initiative and self-motivation
- Previous experience writing materials and content that reflects the mission of TSA
- Tertiary level qualification in theology or education
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar role/ and not for profit/religious organisation
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to be considered for, please click on the link to apply: .
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a Criminal History Check.If you have any inquiries in relation to this opportunity, please contact Rod Yule on email@example.com, using the subject line: Senior Writer & Resource Development Team Leader enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Applications close Wednesday 31 January 2018.