Philanthropy Manager - Major Gifts - Full Time - The National Breast Cancer Foundation content expired com.au- 3 months ago
Job posted on: 12 January, 2018.
Applications close: No Deadline – please apply as soon as possible
- Key role managing and developing the major donor program
- Driven and successful fundraising team
- Competitive Salary Packaging, City location, line management
The Philanthropy Manager will be responsible for the strategic development and implementation of the major gifts program. You will manage one person and grow income and engage major donors to support breast cancer research. The Philanthropy Manager will identify prospects, cultivate and engage individual donors and will have strong experience in building enduring relationships and soliciting significant gifts.
About the organisation
The National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) is the only national div that funds life changing breast cancer research with money raised entirely by the Australian public. Breast cancer is the most common cancer facing Australian women, with eight women dying from the disease each day. Research is the only way to prevent deaths, and improve how breast cancer is diagnosed, managed and treated. By funding only world class research, NBCF is working towards a goal of zero deaths from breast cancer by 2030.
- Develop a strategy to increase income across major donor fundraising
- Develop engagement and communication plans
- Oversee the donor journey from approach to ask
- Prepare donor strategies and proposals
- Grow and develop long term and long-lasting relationships with donors, increasing their level of giving
- Develop a strategic approach to the growth and development of the philanthropy portfolio
- Create and oversee cultivation events
- Generate income from new donors creating detailed donor profiles and utilising tools available for donor research
- Work alongside the CEO to develop long lasting donor relationships
- Manage budgets, targets and reporting for the major donor program
- Manage a philanthropy executive and develop their potential to manage mid-level donors
Skills & Attributes
- Major donor fundraising experience with proven experience in soliciting large gifts ($50k plus)
- Ability to influence and engage at senior level
- Experience setting strategy and managing the process of major giving fundraising including research, proposal creation, cultivation and influencing
- Exceptional relationship management experience and proven track record of building long term rewarding partnerships
- Highest level of communication skills
- Efficiency in administration and reporting
- Strong analytical skills, database proficiency and budgetary and financial tracking skills
Driven, motivated and hardworking fundraising team. Incredible cause. Supportive and collaborative culture. Strong sense of team but with ability to work autonomously.
Beaumont Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont NFP is a non-profit service specialising in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector on a Not for Profit basis