Writer com.au- 1 week ago
Job posted on: 12 January, 2018.
Applications close: 31 January, 2018.
- Full time (38 hours per week), 6 month contract
- Location: Redfern
- Friendly environment and great work life balance!
The organisation & team
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement dedicated to sharing the love of Jesus by caring for people, creating faith pathways, building healthy communities and working for justice. The holistic mission integrates the spiritual and practical, encompassing the proclamation of Jesus Christ and the alleviation of human suffering and distress without discrimination.
The Mission Support Team exists to service The Salvation Army for their missional needs through events, training, research and resources.
Reporting to the Senior Writer & Resource Development Team Leader, the successful candidate will be responsible to source, create and write content for a range of Salvation Army churches (Corps) and social services. This includes newsletters, articles and educational resources for adults, youth and children.
The role will be responsible to ensure the timely production and quality of content.
- A commitment to the Christian faith and mission of The Salvation Army.
- Excellent versatile written and verbal communication skills to reflect an understanding of the particular style appropriate to each target group
- Willingness to work as a proactive team member and autonomously as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel) and the use of the internet
- An ability to liaise and work with a wide range of support personnel
- High attention to detail and organisational ability to manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated creativity, initiative and self-motivation
- Previous experience writing youth content that reflects the mission of TSA
- Qualification in Theology or Education
- Experience writing Christian ministry resources in a similar role or organisation