Adolescent & Family Support Worker content expired com.au- 3 months ago
Community Development, Family Services, Social Work, Women's Organisations & Services
Job posted on: 12 January, 2018.
Applications close: No Deadline – please apply as soon as possible
- Marrickville location
- Part Time (0.6 FTE)
- Fixed Term: March 2018 – November 2018
Around the world the Good Shepherd network is working to create just and equal communities where women and girls can live full, safe lives. We have been committed to our mission for nearly 200 years, working strongly for social change. Wherever we are, we strive to team up with people who share our mission, vision and passion for social justice because the need is still great.
Our areas of expertise are, safety and resilience, educational pathways and financial security.
GSANZ is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to staff wellbeing; we offer a supportive work environment, ongoing professional development for staff, we encourage flexible working arrangements and provide access to Salary Packaging.
About the role:
Part of the RISE (Resilience, Independence, Support and Engagement) team, the Adolescent and Family Support Worker will:
- Be part of an early intervention program which supports young people aged 12 years – 17 years to remain engaged in education
- Provide in school workshops and individual case management to young people displaying early signs of disengagement (low attendance) from school.
- Work closely with local schools to identify and address risk factors that may impact a young person’s wellbeing and education
- Help young people build resilience, confidence and coping strategies
- Empower young people to reach their full potential
This is a fixed term role from 12 March 2018 until 2 November 2018.
This role is classified as SCHADS 2010 level 5.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience working with young people and families from CALD or Indigenous backgrounds
- Demonstrate experience working with families with complex needs and behaviours such as mental health, substance abuse and disability
- Hold prior experience in case management including carrying out intake, assessment and making recommendations on service response
- Prior knowledge of developmental stages of adolescence and its effect on their behaviour
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Have prior experience in facilitating groups
- Valid New South Wales driver’s license
Queries about this position should be directed to Kate Steinhauer, Manager- Safety & Resilience NSW, on 0415 103 794 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send a brief letter addressing the requirements of the role along with your CV to email@example.com, using the subject line: Adolescent and Family Support Worker application via EthicalJobs.
Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand is a Child Safe employer. Employment is subject to satisfactory referee checks, a current employment Working with Children Check, National Criminal History check and proof of the right to work in Australia. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage people who identify as Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander or other diverse backgrounds to apply.