Registered Nurse - Discharge Planning (502796) content expired gov.au- 3 months ago
Hours/Period of Appointment
Permanent Full Time Day Worker, working 76 hours per fortnight
Who are we?
The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
Spencer Clinic is an acute inpatient psychiatric unit sited within the Tasmanian Health Service â North West Region, Burnie Campus.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Registered Nurse - Discharge Planning to facilitate, plan and educate those patients with complex needs and their families and link them to appropriate external service providers upon discharge from the acute psychiatric inpatient unit.
Reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager, this role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities including, but not limited too, maintaining an environment to allow effective consultation between patients, carers and hospital and community health personnel, provide education to patients and their families regarding their mental health physical conditions, liaise with health professionals regarding patient management, and participate in relevant committees or working groups.
Do you have?
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in clinical management of patients
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- High level communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated conceptual and analytical skills
What can we offer?
- Flexible work/life balance
- Attractive Salary Package
- Dynamic team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas: a) Crimes of Violence, b) Sex Related Offences, c) Serious Drug Offences, d) Crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
- Possesses specialist tertiary graduate or postgraduate mental health/psychiatric nursing qualification.
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
502796 Registered Nurse - Discharge Planning G3-4 (January 2018) HPRNL (1).pdf
502796 Registered Nurse - Discharge Planning G3-4 (January 2018) HPRNL (1).doc
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.pdf
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.docx
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Complete the following application form and email your application to the listed contact person including the below form:
Application for Employment (Form 201).pdf
Application for Employment (Form 201).docx
Post your application with the above application form to:
Tasmanian Health Service
Human Resources and Organisational Development
BURNIE TAS 7320
In order to be considered for this position it is a requirement that you address the selection criteria which are located in the Statement of Duties.
For more information
Position: NUM Spencer Clinic
Phone: (03) 6493 6458
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au