Financial Analyst (002554) content expired gov.au- 3 months ago
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexibility. We want our workforce to reflect the diversity in our community. Ask how we can make this role flexible to suit you.
Period of Appointment
Hours per fortnight
Up to 73.5 hours - flexible options available.
- Provide sound advice to clients in relation to accounting issues and policy and taxation matters, primarily in relation to the Goods and Services Tax and Fringe Benefits Tax. Represent the branch and the Department, including inter-departmental committees and working groups.
- Assist the Assistant Manager Finance in preparing taxation and other financial related returns, including but not limited to Business Activity Statement and Fringe Benefit Tax Return.
- Provide advice to the Assistant Manager Finance and other finance staff to assist with the effective and efficient administration of the financial and accounting operations of the Agency.
- Review and maintain the Finance Branchâs policies and procedures to ensure they comply with taxation legislation, Australian Accounting Standards, the Financial Management and Audit Act, Departmental policies and guidelines, Treasurerâs Instructions and other applicable legislation and regulations. This includes significantly contributing to the maintenance of the Departmentâs finance manual. Review and maintain internal controls to ensure adequate transaction processing systems that meet Audit requirements and internal control measures.
- Assist in the preparation of the Departmentâs financial statements and associated documentation and statutory taxation reporting requirements.
- Undertake research and analysis into contemporary financial management processes, issues and emerging trends, and provide recommendations to ensure that the Department adopts best practice financial management.
- Contribute to the review and implementation of systems and processes related to the Finance Branch and Corporate Services.
- Contribute to the operational activities of the Finance Branch and Corporate Services to ensure a timely and accurate financial service for the Department.
- Respond to enquiries, including correspondence, and provide high level analysis and advice in relation to financial matters affecting the Department.
- Where required deputise for the Assistant Finance Manager during periods of absence.
Appropriate tertiary qualifications and membership or eligibility for membership of a relevant professional div together with experience in a government accounting environment.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
SOD - Financial Analyst - 002554.DOCX
SOD - Financial Analyst - 002554.pdf
Information for Applicants.docx
Information for Applicants.pdf
How to apply
Electronic submission of application is preferred, please click the blue 'Apply Now' button.
You will be prompted to complete an online application form and to attach your cover letter, resume and selection criteria responses. Please note, attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
If you have any difficulty uploading your application, please contact us prior to the closing date on (03) 6270 5607 or (03) 6270 5599.
For more information
Phone: (03) 6232 7038