Prison Administration Clerk (Various) content expired gov.au- 3 months ago
Hours per fortnight
Flexible, will participate in a seven day roster, including public holidays.
- Undertake reception duties at the Visitor Reception Centre, including telephone reception, booking visits, receipting of prisoner property, registration of biometric data and responding to general enquiries.
- Undertake financial tasks including receipting of monies, processing of prisoner requests and financial transactions, together with the reconciliation and banking of monies.
- Perform various administrative functions including drafting of correspondence, screening of visitor applications, management of electronic diaries and filing of documentation.
- Process mail, incoming and outgoing, in accordance with organisation policy and procedures.
- The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties, not specifically mentioned in this document, that are within the capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons occupying jobs at this classification level.
The Head of State Service has determined that the person nominated for this vacancy is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
- Pre-employment checks
- Arson and fire setting
- Violent crimes and crimes against the person
- Sex-related offences
- Drug and alcohol related offences
- Crimes involving dishonesty
- Crimes involving deception
- Making false declarations
- Malicious damage and destruction to property
- Serious traffic offences
- Crimes against public order or relating to the Administration of Law and Justice
- Crimes against Executive or the Legislative Power
- Crimes involving Conspiracy
2. Disciplinary action in previous employment.
3. Identification check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (Various) Prison Administration Clerk.pdf
Statement of Duties (Various) Prison Administration Clerk.doc
Information for Applicants (Aug13).pdf
Information for Applicants (Aug13).doc
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Post your application with the following application form to:
Department of Justice
GPO Box 825
HOBART TAS 7001
Application for Employment (Form 201).DOCX
Application for Employment (Form 201).pdf
For more information
Manager Directorate Office
(03) 6165 7356