Business Analyst - Sales content expired com.au- 3 months ago
Boral is an international building and construction materials group, with its headquarters in Sydney, Australia. With more than A$4.4 billion worth of annualised sales, Boral has around 12,000 full-time equivalent employees working across over 550 operating sites including joint ventures. Boral produces and distributes a broad range of construction materials, including quarry products, cement, fly ash, pre-mix concrete and asphalt; and building products, including clay bricks and pavers, clay and concrete roof tiles, concrete masonry products, plasterboard and timber. Boral primarily serves customers in the building and construction industries with operations concentrated in three key geographical markets - Australia, the USA and Asia.
Based in North Ryde, we have an opportunity for a Sales Business Analyst to join our Cement business.
This key position is a broad based commercial role responsible for providing support to the management team in the achievement of their financial and commercial objectives.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Provide timely and accurate monthly sales and price management reports and insightful analysis for Cement’s Sales and Finance teams
- Translate Commercial Excellence initiatives into value-adding practices for Boral Cement
- Oversee the financial integrity of sales P&Ls by working closely with the National Finance Centre and IT to ensure accurate reporting and systems
- Support Sales Managers by ensuring timely reports and data at customer and product level
- Participate in financial aspects of sales planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Support the measurement of operational improvement initiatives and lead initiatives to improve financial reporting processes
- Contribute to development and measurement of KPIs for Cement Supply Chain strategies
- Assist with establishing and improving internal controls, working closely with internal and external audit
To be considered for this role, you must have the following attributes:
- Degree qualified with CPA or CA
- Experience in financial accounting and commercial analysis
- Experience using major accounting systems (eg. Oracle, SAP, BAAN), databases and reporting tools (Hyperion, Cognos)
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, process improvement and an analytical aptitude
- Experience in preparing sales forecasts and budgets
- Strong customer focus and ability to forge strong relationships with stakeholders
- Personal drive and results orientation and able to demonstrate a high level of initiative
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Be ambitious with a desire to maximise potential in existing and future roles
This position offers a challenging and exciting career with an industry leader and provides genuine career growth opportunities. A competitive remuneration package is being offered. This is an opportunity to work in a team environment within an organisation dedicated to the safety of our employees.
If you are interested in this role please press APPLY or visit
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.