World Vision Australia - Details - Business Analyst content expired com.au- 3 months ago
Apply now Job no: 496112
Work type: Full time
Location: Australia Wide, VIC - Metro
Categories: Information & Communications Technology, Corporate Governance, Communications, Technical Specialists, Senior Leadership, Strategy & Planning, Innovation
Our World Vision
World Vision is a global community, working together for the one purpose – to bring about positive change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. People are inspired to work for us because they want to contribute to making a difference. We are part of an international team, using our talent, determination and influence to invest in a better tomorrow. With us, job satisfaction takes on a greater meaning.
Together, we are:
- 50,000 dedicated and passionate staff and volunteers
- 10 million committed supporters who are changing lives
- 100 million people as a part of World Vision’s supported communities
Are you ready to be a change maker?
Your opportunity to make a difference
The Business Analyst exists to provide specialist analysis and project management skills to ensure the delivery of high quality solutions that align with WVA business strategy. This will be achieved by working with internal and external stakeholders to collate insights that are then used to design and plan solutions based on highest value and ease of execution.
We are looking for at least two Business Analysts.
Who we're looking for
As the successful applicants, you will have a breadth of capabilities, including a strong customer service approach towards all stakeholders and experience in working in an nimble and responsive manner. In addition, you will have:
- Demonstrated inquisitive mind to investigate, analyse and drive solutions in a logical and methodical manner
- Strong skills in collating and analysing complex information and systems from various sources, such as Technical subject experts, and streamline with effective reporting and documentation
- Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to a diverse and dynamic environment, confident solving problems and ensuring stakeholders are part of the solution
- Strong relational abilities with effective influencing, negotiation and stakeholder management skills
- Organised, with sound time management and administrative skills
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as effective presenting skills such as Facilitating workshops, Showcasing outcomes, Providing status updates, etc.
- Focused, balanced and optimistic mindset, confident in own abilities
- Tertiary qualified – Degree-level business/computer science/engineering/software qualifications or similar
- Strong knowledge of and/or certifications/credentials in a broad range of project management methodologies, including Waterfall (eg. PMBoK, Prince2) and Agile (eg. Scrum, KanBan, SAFe)
- Sound knowledge of SDLC principles
- Experience in implementing CRM/ERP type solutions preferred
- Previous experience in NFP / NGO or similar environment highly regarded
In addition to the above, we would like to see applicants possess:
Business Analyst – Technology - Full-Time Position(s):-
- Broad Portfolio of experience working with core business and technology solutions
- Proven track record working with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong focus / credentials and / or qualifications in IT
Business Analyst – Major Projects - 6 Month Contract:-
- Grants Solution Discovery: requires experience in NFP/NGO environments, working with Government, DFAT or similar, grants pipeline tracking, CRM/ERP experience
- InfoSec Implementation: requires knowledge of Information Security requirements, policy writing, process/procedure analysis, business continuity and disaster recovery experience
What you need to know
This role is a permanent position, operating in a full-time capacity and will be based at our head office in Burwood East, Victoria.
What we can offer you
- The opportunity to bring your expertise and experience to contribute to a cause that you are passionate about and work in the largest non-government organisation in Australia and one of the largest development organisations in the world
- Being part of a professional and dedicated team united by their commitment to one common goal; the fight against global poverty, its causes and making a real difference in the world
- Competitive salary and flexible salary packaging scheme
- Participating in comprehensive professional development programs that include on-the-job learning, e-learning, workshops, forums, leadership development and internal and international secondments
When applying, please advise which role/s you have a passion in pursuing.
Please note, applicants from Recruiters will not be accepted.
Thank you in advance.
Advertised: 12 Jan 2018 6:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 29 Jan 2018 10:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time