Mid-Senior Product Designer com.au- 2 weeks ago
Pollen is seeking a passionate hands-on Product Designer who is obsessed with human-centered design and creating moments within digital experiences.
Someone who deep dives into a product like a Red Bull cliff diver, using their knowledge of design and technology to find solutions that balance business objectives with user needs.
We’re looking for someone that thinks through all the touchpoints of a new feature and puts themselves in the user’s shoes – whether they’re a pair of Nike high tops or Dunlop Volleys – they’ll use their interaction design skills with front-end knowledge to find frictionless solutions.
As a Product Designer, you will be working in-house full time with one of Australia’s largest online marketplaces. You’ll be embedded within product teams tasked with delivering new features and initiatives to the existing platform while working closely with the rest of the design team to hero design within the company.
We are obsessive digital creatives that solve real world problems.
Our team helps our partners develop, market and enhance their products and services through technology. We do this in a very collaborative way and we always make sure we have fun. We bring our professional skills to work everyday as well as our personalities creating an environment where opinions are welcomed along with matching fluoro glasses and socks.
In this role you will:
- Workshop and collaborate with Product Managers to develop initiatives and features to roll out
- Create, refine and concept UX and UI for one of Australia’s most popular websites.
- Design and communicate complex design solutions through a range of user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and interaction specifications.
- Continue to build on and develop the design system that’s been created in Sketch.
- Validate design solutions through user testing and analytics to ensure they are achieving the goals we set out to achieve with minimal adverse impact to the rest of the platform.
- Work closely with development to ensure your designs are brought to life with every pixel and interaction as it should be.
- Take part in project conceptualisation and brainstorming and present ideas or work to the broader team.
- Share examples of work that gets the rest of the team excited about design.
- Be mentored by the senior design team at Pollen and work an optional 1 day a week in our office surrounded by other like-minded designers.
- Formal design training at a recognised design school
- 5+ years experience working in a digital studio or product team environment
- Proficient in Sketch
- Portfolio showcasing a diverse range of design - showing excellence in interaction, UX and UI design
- Strong typographic and layout skills
- Demonstrated understanding of responsive web design patterns
- Basic HTML/CSS skills
- Proficiency in prototyping software to communicate designs with the team. E.g. Invision, -
- Principle, Framer etc.
- References from previous workplaces
Nice to have:
- Experience with Adobe products
- A basic understanding of motion design principles
- A basic understanding of After Effects and/or Premiere
Negotiable and dependant on experience.
To apply just send us a link to your portfolio and a brief introduction on why you feel this is the right role for you. Remember, you must address the requirements above to be considered.
Respectfully no recruiters please.