Senior Graphic Artist & Web Developer - Full-time content expired com.au- 3 months ago
As a Funeral Studio Senior Designer and Developer you will be part of a small team of hard working individuals that thrive on challenges and enjoy creating meaningful memories for families who have experienced a loss. Being a qualified Graphic Artist and experienced web developer and designer is essential.
We are looking for a talented designer who is passionate about business strategy, design, digital and the customer experience. You’ll work on a diverse range of design and finished tasks, including branding, marketing and design projects with responsibility for producing high quality web content, design, collateral, print advertising, EDMs and digital assets.
The successful applicant needs at least 5 years experience with a 'can do' attitude and who is willing to participate in all aspects of our business. The role is responsible to the General Manager.
5+ years of experience working in a design studio. Experience and a keen interest in design, print and digital design/solutions.
Key Responsibilities of Role:
- Designing websites and communicating with developers during project build.
- Involvement in new product design/development.
- Create brand identities, design concepts and FA across traditional and digital applications.
- Create Printed Keepsakes.
- Create DVDs.
- Create eTributes (online memorials) using our Content Management System.
- Work to corporate guidelines when required.
Qualifications/Skills for this role:
- A tertiary qualification in Visual Communication/Graphic Design.
- Highly proficient in software applications including: Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop (CS5 and above), Acrobat Pro and After Effects.
- Extensive experience with Wordpress theme customisation. Experience with WooCommerce beneficial although not essential.
- Enjoy researching and using technologies at the forefront of web design and development.
- Experience with CSS/HTML (ability to write basic code).
- Familiar with EDM platforms, Campaign Monitor and MailChimp.
- A basic knowledge of ProShow Producer video software (or equivalent).
- Ability to work on multiple projects in an extremely busy environment with tight deadlines.
- Willing to immerse yourself in the overall business strategies of the business.
- A working knowledge of print processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Exceptional attention to detail and outstanding proof checking skills.
Friendly and approachable person who enjoys liaising with people. A can do attitude to learning new technologies.
Always trying to strive for design and online user experience excellence.
Enjoys brain-storming and problem-solving in a collaborative environment. Project management skills to ensure that tight deadlines are always met. Able and willing to make changes and recommendations to improve workflow and procedures within a team structure.
Be prepared to take creative direction.
This position is based at our Bentleigh office in Victoria.
Only candidates with the legal clearance to work in Australia should apply for this role.
The hours for this role are:
9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. with 30 minutes for lunch.
The successful candidate must have the ability and willingness to relieve one of our existing staff members during their annual or sick leave periods (this position’s hours are 12pm - 8.00pm).
We have clients based in Melbourne, Perth, Sydney and Queensland.
As soon as possible.
This position attracts a salary of $75,000 + superannuation (9.5%).
How To Apply
If you have the legal clearance to work in Australia, can start immediately and if you meet the above requirements and would like to apply for this position please email your CV and a link to your folio to [email protected] by no later than Friday 19 January, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please no freelancers apply as this position definitely needs to be based at our offices.