Account Manager content expired aviationjobsearch.com- 3 months ago
Job type: Permanent
Sector: Sales & Purchasing
Category: Senior Manager Jobs
We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
About the Role
As an Account Manager within the highly driven Virgin Australia New Zealand Sales team, you will be integral to achieving market share and revenue growth for the airline.
The key responsibility of this role, will be to plan and manage the sales relationships with our NZ based accounts, driving contract performance and the renewal process. By utilising sales and market based data, you will identify and action revenue generating opportunities within you defined account portfolio.
Travelling in this role is paramount so you must be available for travel.
Who you are:
A methodical thinker. You have the ability to work under pressure and to short lead times
A people person. You collaborate and engage with the internal and external stakeholders understanding relationships are key
An influencer. You communicate clearly, effectively and always with purpose
What you’ll need:
* Extensive experience in airline/travel industry sales
* Account Management experience
* Knowledge of GDS systems would be highly regarded
* Core analytical skills utilizing data and information in your decision-making processes
* Marketing exposure – experience implementing initiatives and campaigns
What you’ll get from us:
Other than the opportunity to work for an award winning airline, you will:
- Get the chance to work with some of our largest accounts in New Zealand, to help grow relationships, opportunities and revenue.
- Embrace your creative flare by implementing campaigns best suited to drive return on investment for Virgin Australia.
- Manage and create your own territories call cycle.
As a Virgin Australia team member, you will also receive fantastic employee benefits including discounted flights for you, your family and friends (across domestic and international) and global accommodation options.
If you are looking for a role with diversity, something that will challenge the norm then we would love to hear from you.