Sports Performance Officer-TID (002219) gov.au- 1 week ago
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexibility. We want our workforce to reflect the diversity in our community. Ask how we can make this role flexible to suit you.
Period of Appointment
Until 14 December 2018
Hours per fortnight
- Develop and implement plans for talent identification projects including novel designs and new programs.
- Maintaining the Sports Performance Unit National Sports Science Quality Assurance Program quality assurance systems.
- Develop and implement programs in partnership with the National Talent Identification and Development (NTID) program of the Australian Sports Commission.
- Conduct and coordinate all aspects of TIS Talent Identification projects including ongoing project management and facilitating talent identification activities across the state.
- Negotiate and maintain good working relationship with key stakeholders including national and state sporting organisations, coaches, athletes, parents, education authorities, schools, and colleges.
- Work intensively with selected National Training Centre sports and coaches to develop and nurture identified talent.
- Record and disseminate information in a practical and useable form to coaches and athletes.
- Conduct and manage aspects of extensive sports science services for TIS athletes, coaches and invited athletes.
- Utilise technology (database, computer and video) to track the development of athletes.
- Assist with any special projects involving the TIS Sports Performance Unit.
- An Associate Diploma from a recognised TAFE institution, or an equivalent qualification, appropriate to the nature of the work.
- The Commissioner has determined that the person nominated for this position is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer.
- Working with Children Certificate
The following checks are to be conducted at a National level:-
- Conviction check
- Crimes of violence
- Sex related offences
- Serious drug offences
- Crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- A Bachelor of Applied Science (Human Movement Studies) or equivalent.
- Current driverâs license
- First Aid Certificate (Work place 2 â Senior First Aid)
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
SOD - Sports Performance Officer, TID - 002219.docx
SOD - Sports Performance Officer, TID - 002219.pdf
Information for Applicants.docx
Information for Applicants.pdf
How to apply
Electronic submission of application is preferred, please click the blue 'Apply Now' button.
You will be prompted to complete an online application form and to attach your cover letter, resume and selection criteria responses. Please note, attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
If you have any difficulty uploading your application, please contact us prior to the closing date on (03) 6270 5607 or (03) 6270 5599.
For more information
Manager, Performance Services
Phone: 0418 146 404