Senior Consultant Quality And Safety (518906) (2 Vacancies) gov.au- 1 week ago
$88,718.00 to $100,674.00 pro rata, per annum.
General Stream Band 6
Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award
Period of employment / Hours:
Fixed term part-time day work, working 38 hours per fortnight. Commencing ASAP to 13 June 2018.
- Please note: Other fixed term part-time vacancies, that may arise in the near future may also be filled from this selection process.
Planning, Purchasing & Performance - Launceston
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking 2 Senior Consultant Quality and Safety to join the Planning, Purchasing and Performance team on a fixed term part-time basis.
The Senior Consultant Quality and Safety has primary responsibility for progressing DHHS quality and safety agenda, in accordance with related policies, systems and processes. In turn, this supports the DHHS funded community sector organisations to have systems and processes in place, enabling the delivery of safe and high quality services that contribute to the health and wellbeing of the Tasmanian population, including:
- On a statewide basis, actively contribute to, and participate in, the planning, coordination and completion of quality and safety reviews of community sector organisations. The review process includes, information gathering and analysis; conducting interviews, focus groups and meetings with diverse groups, delivery of feedback and the preparation of timely and accurate correspondence and reports.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other Departmental and Service Groups, community sector organisations, external agencies such as accrediting bodies, and other stakeholders.
- Undertake sensitive negotiations and consultation with relevant stakeholders at the appropriate level.
- Assist the Manager, Community Sector Quality and Safety in providing advice and support to internal and external stakeholders on the development and implementation of quality and safety initiatives, through the development of policy, position papers, reports, resources, correspondence and briefings. Support the integration of quality and safety strategies into the broader strategic management of services delivered by DHHS funded community sector organisations.
- Holds or is working toward an appropriate qualification or extensive work experience in a related field.
- Current Driverâs Licence.
- Current Tasmanian Working with Children Registration.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a preâemployment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- 1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
- a) crimes of violence
- b) sex related offences
- c) serious drug offences
- d) crimes involving dishonesty
- 2. Identification check
- 3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (PDF) : 518906 Senior Consultant Quality and Safety Band 6 (December 2017) HAHSA.pdf
Statement of Duties (Word) : 518906 Senior Consultant Quality and Safety Band 6 (December 2017) HAHSA.docx
APPLICANT GUIDE: DHHS Applicant Guide - Jobs Website .pdf
For more information (Contact Officer) :
Name: David Badcock
Phone: (03) 6777 1980
How to apply:
Online applications are preferred - please click the blue 'Apply Now' button.
If you apply online: - Please do not send a hard copy application as well. - You do not need to upload an Application for Employment form.
- OR -
Complete the following application form and post your application to us at:
Recruitment Services - Human Resources
Department of Health and Human Services
GPO Box 125
HOBART TAS 7001
Application for Employment (Word).docx
Application for Employment (PDF).pdf
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.dhhs.tas.gov.au