Principal Program Officer - Community Care Reform (512218) gov.au- 1 week ago
$105,500.00 to $111,091.00 pro rata, per annum.
General Stream Band 7
Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award
Period of employment / Hours:
Fixed term full-time day work commencing ASAP for a period of 12 months. (part-time hours may be considered by negotiation)
- Please note: Other fixed term full-time and part-time vacancies, that may arise in the near future may also be filled from this selection process.
Planning, Purchasing and Performance - Community Planning and Strategy - Hobart
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking a Principal Program Officer - Community Care Reform to join the Planning, Purchasing and Performance team.
As a member of the Community Care Reform team the responsibilities of the Principal Program Officer will:
- Undertake program management responsibilities for the Tasmanian HACC Program, including effective and efficient resource management. This may also include staff management where appropriate.
- Negotiate and manage funding agreements and contracts with service providers and nongovernment organisations against program and service targets, key performance indicators and benchmarks.
- Act as a principal point of contact within the Department with funded organisations and oversee the development and maintenance of appropriate and effective relationships with these organisations, other teams and sections of the Department, government and nongovernment agencies.
- Contribute to and, where appropriate, lead the development of new program guidelines, systems and processes for community care to ensure a whole of system approach, including recommending policy, technical and infrastructure requirements for a fully functional Tasmanian HACC Program.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a preâemployment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- 1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
- a) crimes of violence
- b) sex related offences
- c) serious drug offences
- d) crimes involving dishonesty
- 2. Identification check
- 3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (PDF) : 512218 Principal Program Officer CCR (October 2015) HAHSA.pdf
Statement of Duties (Word) : 512218 Principal Program Officer CCR (October 2015) HAHSA.docx
APPLICANT GUIDE: DHHS Applicant Guide - Jobs Website .pdf
For more information (Contact Officer) :
Name: Erica Heeley
Phone: (03) 6166 1065
How to apply:
Online applications are preferred - please click the blue 'Apply Now' button.
If you apply online: - Please do not send a hard copy application as well. - You do not need to upload an Application for Employment form.
- OR -
Complete the following application form and post your application to us at:
Recruitment Services - Human Resources
Department of Health and Human Services
GPO Box 125
HOBART TAS 7001
Application for Employment (Word).docx
Application for Employment (PDF).pdf
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.dhhs.tas.gov.au