General Manager Ground Handling - NSW content expired aviationjobsearch.com- 3 months ago
Menzies Aviation AUS/NZ
Job type: Permanent
Category: Ground Crew Jobs
Responsible for all ground handling within the region, ensuring that the delivery of services are consistent, professional, safe and secure. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager with a strong business acumen and impeccable leadership skills, seeking to develop their career in a strategically important regional role within our Australian operation.
Main accountabilities include:
* Responsible for Operational delivery across all facets of the Menzies Aviation Ground Handling business within the NSW region
* P&L responsibly up to and including building, managing and delivering an annual budget
* Accountable for all safety and security in accordance with Menzies Aviation Health & Safety, Security, Quality assurance policies in addition to management and oversight of Safety management systems and all other directives as instructed by the company
* Responsible for the management and development of staff up to and including performance management and staff development opportunities
* Build and development internal and external relationships with all stake holders to build effective and beneficial working relationships for the betterment of the company
* Implement and manage contracts and Service level agreements with airline customers to minimise non-contracted variations to agreed terms and conditions
* Implement and manage new airline start-ups as and when required
* Automate, Streamline and simply business practices to improve business performance
* Maintain and develop relationships with key customer contacts, with a view to maximising growth opportunities
* Maximising business potential and revenue while identifying and developing new business opportunities
* Lead and participate in projects and change processes as required across the wider S.E Region as called upon
* Share best practice through collaboration and consultation with other ports and areas of the business
* Be available to travel as and when required
Qualifications and Experience:
* Tertiary qualification preferable.
* Demonstrable management experience with budget ownership responsibilities preferably in a ground handling, aviation or logistics environment
* Commercial awareness with a focus on building existing and developing new customer relationships and business opportunities
* Possess an ability to manage and direct a team of senior managers and display strong decision making skills
* Excellent communications skills (both oral and written)
* Strong senior management, leadership skills with key focus on staff development
* Ability to travel as needed. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to present and influence at all levels.
* Interpersonal skills: Independence, decisiveness and the ability to work accurately and independent of immediate support. Able to influence, engage and motivate at all levels.
* Flexible, determined to succeed and self-motivated.
* Extensive knowledge of Menzies Aviation operations, the airline industry, ground handling market and applicable airline regulatory standards.
What you’ll get in return
You’ll be part of a friendly organisation who values the part their people play. You’ll see that there’s no place like an airport to work in, either. A unique, fast-paced environment, bustling with people, it’s a world in itself, where every day brings a new experience. So, you’ll enjoy plenty of variety and development opportunities and you’ll have our full support and training, for the whole of your career journey with us.
Working in an Airside role, to follow aviation security requirements, you will be required to hold a full Airside Security Pass. To obtain this we will need 10 years' residential history, with a Criminal Record Check. You must hold a valid driving licence for this role.
About Menzies Aviation
Menzies Aviation is a global provider of customer, ramp and cargo handling services. Our people are the friendliest faces and safest of hands for millions of customers, making sure that luggage is processed, aircraft are ready for boarding, and baggage is handled with care.
Operating at over 140 stations in 31 countries and supported by a worldwide team of over 21,000 employees, we serve over 500 airlines handling over a million flights, and 1.6 million tonnes of cargo every year... and, we’re still growing our business. We work to be the best at what we do, and that means employing and supporting the best people.
Please apply via the Apply button