South Australia State Manager com.au- 2 weeks ago
Environment & Sustainability, Executive & Senior Management, Management, Operations & Risk Management, Project Management
Job posted on: 05 January, 2018.
Applications close: No Deadline – please apply as soon as possible
- Full Time (9-month maternity leave contract)
- Office Location - Bowden, Adelaide
Are you ready to make a real difference? OzHarvest is looking for a South Australia State Manager to cover a maternity leave position to enable us in our next phase of growth. In this maternity leave position, you will lead, nourish and support an incredible team to rescue surplus food to feed people in need and help the environment; educate the general public and our clients about food waste, nutrition and living a healthier lifestyle; and engage with the community to maximise our impact.
OzHarvest was founded by Ronni Kahn in 2004, after noticing the huge amount of delicious consumable food discarded every day. She decided there had to be a better way. OzHarvest now rescues surplus food to feed those in need all around Australia. We also educate the public and our clients about food waste, nutrition and living a healthier lifestyle.
Since Inception OzHarvest has achieved some great milestones:
- Over 78 million meals delivered
- Over 26,000 tonnes of food rescued
- Over 1000 charities helped
- $1 = 2 meals to those in need
Led and mentored by the inspirational Ronni Kahn, we are a passionate team of people who are driven by the purpose and the desire to bring the OzHarvest effect to life every day.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the public face of OzHarvest in South Australia
- Identify, develop and grow new and existing partnerships in South Australia ensuring that we continue to build value for them and grow loyalty to OzHarvest
- Embedding of Operational Strategy, Systems and Policy
- Manage, develop and grow our events and programs to generate revenue and the OzHarvest brand awareness. These include the CEO CookOff, Cooking for a Cause, NEST and Nourish
- Management of staff, volunteers, associate organisations, food donors and food agencies
- Manage the relationships to ensure food donors and food agencies are delighted by OzHarvest
- Manage the logistics and warehousing
Please note that you must have a Police Check and a Working With Children Check (WWCC) for this role.