Counsellors - Butterfly National Helpline 1800 ED HOPE content expired com.au- 4 months ago
Job posted on: 15 December, 2017.
Applications close: 16 January, 2018.
Be part of the solution!
- Counselling role working via phone and online
- Opportunity to grow and develop digital service skills
- 2 year, part-time position with set rostered weekly shifts
- $63,100 – $69,700 p/a pro rata depending on experience
- Available to start early 2018
- Located at Butterfly House, Crows Nest, NSW
The Butterfly Foundation is looking for people with sound counselling skills and a level of understanding about eating disorders to provide support to Australians living with eating disorders via their National Helpline.
The Butterfly National Helpline 1800 ED HOPE is expanding its services to 7 days a week in 2018.
We are currently seeking passionate counselling professionals who are available to deliver eating disorder counselling services. You need to have availability for a minimum of two shifts per week in the time allocations detailed below.
Shifts Currently Vacant
- 4:30pm - 12:30am Monday – Sunday
- 7:30am - 3:30pm Saturday
- 1:30pm - 9:30pm Saturday
- 7:30am - 3:30pm Sunday
- 1:30pm - 9:30pm Sunday
Guide the trajectory of lives!
The Butterfly Foundation is changing lives and we need people on the ground to help make this happen. With regular shifts available on the Butterfly National Helpline ED HOPE, we are looking for applicants who are experienced as counsellors and who genuinely empathic of other’s needs. A practiced listener, you will use your clinical knowledge of eating disorders, and your depth of understanding to support people who are experiencing eating disorders and also their carers.
You possess tertiary qualifications in counselling, social work or psychology and have provisional or full registration as a psychologist or full registration as a social worker, counsellor or psychotherapist. Your innate warmth and understanding will be clearly evident on either a phone or online counselling platform and you are motivated to gain the best outcome for your client. But more than this, you care where you work and you want to work somewhere that makes a real difference.
The Butterfly National Helpline 1800 ED HOPE is Australia’s only national telephone and web-based counselling support service for people affected by eating disorders. The service includes phone, email and web-chat (online) support and counselling, referrals to health professionals, information resources, plus delivery of online support groups and a web-based carer education program.
Through these channels you will rapidly create a safe, supportive and recovery-focused environment for people with eating disorders and their families/carers and friends, in order to empower them to work towards recovery.
Download the position description for the full list of selection criteria.
- Qualifications: minimum - bachelor’s degree in psychology, counselling or social work.
- Full or provisional registration as a psychologist; full registration as a counsellor or psychotherapist with PACFA or ACA, or degree certified as a social worker.
- Direct experience of working with people with an eating disorder or other mental illness in a counselling or support role.
- A good basic understanding of eating disorders and disordered eating, div image and related issues and of their impact both on the individual experiencing the issue and on their families, friends, partners and other carers.
- An understanding of other mental health conditions commonly co-morbid with eating disorders (e.g. depression, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder) and an ability to provide counselling, support and further referrals with respect to these areas.
- An understanding of the nature of supportive counselling and of the difference between short-term supportive counselling and longer term therapeutic counselling.
- A commitment to recovery focused practice.
All applicants should supply their resume, and must address the FULL Selection Criteria (essential and desirable), as detailed in the Position Description, in a separate letter. The Position Description can be found via the Butterfly website. .
Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications should be submitted by email to Human Resources at email@example.com, using the subject line: Counsellor, Butterfly National Helpline 1800 ED HOPE – Sydney application via EthicalJobs.
Applications close at 5:00pm on 16th January 2018.
Applications will be assessed as they come in, so keen applicants are advised to submit their applications early.