Specialist Pharmacist - Oncology & Haematology (520780) content expired gov.au- 3 months ago
Hours/Period of Appointment
Permanent Day Worker, working 38 hours per fortnight
Who are we?
The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
Who are we looking for?
The successful applicant will provide pharmaceutical care to the patients as well as training, professional supervision and support to pharmacy staff within the North West Regional Hospital and Mersey Community Hospital. This will incorporate the coordination and practice of clinical activities and the provision of drug information in the specialist areas of oncology and haematology.
Your effective communication and team work skills together with a demonstrated ability to provide leadership and support to pharmacy staff will be of great benefit in this role. Your ability to critically analyse medical and pharmaceutical information and use your professional judgement in the identification and resolution of problems will be of great benefit to the role.
The role of Specialist Pharmacist Oncology & Haematology will provide you with the opportunity to develop new procedures and methods as you keep abreast of emerging trends in drug therapy relevant to this specialty area.
Do you have?
- Current registration
- Experience in a range of activities such as dispensing and/or clinical pharmacy, preferably in a hospital setting
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
What can we offer?
- Flexible work/life balance
- Attractive Salary Package
- Dynamic team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Registered with the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas: a) Crimes of Violence, b) Sex Related Offences, c) Serious Drug Offences, d) Crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
- Possession of post-graduate qualifications.
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
520780 Specialist Pharmacist - Oncology & Haematology HP03 (September 2017) HPRNL BUTI.pdf
520780 Specialist Pharmacist - Oncology & Haematology HP03 (September 2017) HPRNL BUTI.doc
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.pdf
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.docx
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Complete the following application form and email your application to the listed contact person including the below form:
Application for Employment (Form 201).pdf
Application for Employment (Form 201).docx
Post your application with the above application form to:
Tasmanian Health Service
Human Resources and Organisational Development
BURNIE TAS 7320
In order to be considered for this position it is a requirement that you address the selection criteria which are located in the Statement of Duties.
For more information
03 6493 6289
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au